26/12/2011 EDIT: added thumbs, examples and changed layout.
Hope everyone is having a happy holiday
Job interviews have been failure and so has this so I am reposting </desperate> A better way is probably drawing more and uploading WHICH I PROMISE WILL HAPPEN ONCE MY INTERNET CONNECTION IS FAST ENOUGH TO UPLOAD USING DA'S SUBMISSION FORM and attempt to get better so people will actually consider commissions
- Read the Terms of Service below
- Fill out the form:
Name of Client:
Size: (A3 is max for traditional pieces, I usually draw on A4), express units for digital in pixels
Description of Commissioned piece: the more detailed the better
References: may include character sheets, past artworks of the character, hexidecimal for colours
Additional info: requests for shipping, commercial use, time constraint
- Note me the form with "Commission" in the subject line
- I will reply either accepting or rejectng the commission. If I accept, I will give you the price number.
- Send payment to my paypal
- I will send you a confirmation to start on it. I will update you on my progress every three days. Quetzalcoatl - STANDARD DIGITAL or TRADITIONAL COLOURED PENCIL: NOTE: These are the base prices. Actual prices may be higher depending on level of detail/characters/etc. "BG" stands for "background" Sketch: $5 [+BG=$7] No examples available at the moment Refined Sketch/Lineart: $7 [+BG=$10] Flats: $8 [+BG=$12] not available for traditional medium No examples available at the moment Shaded: $15 [+BG=$20] Traditional Digital SPECIALS: Lineless Digital Speedpaint with simple BG: $10 TIME: it may take me from a few hours to a few weeks to complete the artwork FORTE: wildlife, fantasy, birds, anthro WEAKNESS: humans, realism I am not a full-time artist and have other commitments (With thanks to cooley for using their ToS as a base) These Terms of Service are relevant to non-commercial projects only, and are subject to revision, without notice. The Client must read, understand and agree to all the below terms before entering into an agreement with the Artist (Tazrandus). By sending payment, the Client agrees to the following terms:
- The Artist has the right to refuse any commission request.
- The Artist reserves the right to issue a refund and cancel a commission due to poor communication or rude/inappropriate behaviour
- The Artist will not create any depiction of illegal activities, sexually explicit materials, or hateful/racist imagery.
- The Artist will not reproduce a copyrighted image or character without consent of its creator.
- The Artist retains all rights to the commissioned artwork, including the rights to distribution (i.e., to create prints, merchandise, etc.) unless a certain image or character in the commissioned artwork is protected by copyright in which the Client must specify.
- The Artist retains the right to display, or refuse to display, all commissioned work on any personal website, gallery, or journal. If the commissioned work is time-sensitive, the Artist can delay public display of the art at the request of the Client.
- The Artist is not responsible for shipping. The Client must pay the cost of shipping on traditional work(s).
- The Client may not re-distribute, reproduce, or sell the Artist's work, or profit from the artwork, beyond the resale of a physical original painting or drawing (traditional media only).
- The Artist is not responsible for printing (digital media). Works will be uploaded to this site and will be available for Clients to purchase at the cost of printing (no markup) upon request or by choice of the artist.
- The Client may not exhibit the Artist's work in any online/offline art gallery without the permission of the Artist.
- The Client is advised to specify the size of his/her commissioned image, whether digital or traditional. Excessively large images (larger than the download size of the samples listed below) will cost more. Excessively small images (smaller than the full-view size of the samples listed below), may reduce the price.
- The Client may resize/crop the commissioned artwork to create icons, wallpapers, or other graphics to be used in non-commercial digital format, but the client cannot alter the artwork itself.
- Client rights can be negotiated for an added fee. If the commissioned image will be used for commercial purposes, the Artist must be notified prior to the start of work. Commercial use of images will be decided upon on a case-by-case basis, and will result in an increased commission price. New terms of service must be decided upon before the Artist begins any work on a commission for commercial use.
- Quetzalcoatl 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10.